The purpose of this assignment is to expose you to how psychological research is
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
The purpose of this assignment is to expose you to how psychological research is actually
conducted and published in scientific journals.
For this assignment, you will need to read the Abassi (2019) journal article which I have
uploaded on Blackboard. Next, you will need to write a summary review that answers the
questions below. In doing so, it is advisable and prudent to consult and refresh your knowledge
on research methodology. The following points should be answered:
1. What was the purpose of the study?
2. What was the specific theory being tested?
3. What research method did the study employ?
4. Identify the independent and dependent variables. How were they measured?
5. Explain and comment on the correlations in the correlation matrix (Table 1)
6. Briefly summarize the results and conclusions of the study.
7. Can you think of any study limitation(s)?
8. If you were to conduct another study based off of this study, what questions would you
ask and what would you still want to find out?
Please format your paper according to the above questions. That is, create sections in your paper,
each of whom answer the above questions. You should write as much as is needed to answer the
question, but your paper should be no more than 3 double-spaced pages in length. Papers are
due by midnight December 12th on Blackboard. Late submissions will be penalized.
Furthermore, this assignment can be conducted in a team of up to 4 students. In such a case,
please clearly indicate the names of all the team members on the paper. Be aware that all team
members will receive the same assignment grade. Only one student from each team needs to
submit the paper on Blackboard.
Finally, when reading the article, it is fine if you do not understand all of the statistics reported,
just concentrate on things that we have talked about in class (e.g., correlations). I chose this
article because I feel confident that you can follow and understand it. Plus, I feel the topic would
be of interest to many.