Choose an excerpt from two concerts, one of a pop or rock concert of your choice
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
Choose an excerpt from two concerts, one of a pop or rock concert of your choice and one of a performance of music from the Classical Era (1750-1800 AD) chosen from the list below. Watch approximately 10 minutes of each concert. (Please note: The Rock or pop concert you choose should be one you watch while this section of the course is in session, rather than a performance you watched or attended prior to the class.)
After viewing the concert excerpts, construct a comparison of these two concerts and address the following:
1. Explain why you did or did not enjoy the concerts.
2. Evaluate similarities and differences between music in the Classical era and rock/pop music. Be sure to reference specific musical attributes of the concerts, and use musical terminology and information from the course materials to express your ideas.
3. Discuss the types of people who attended concerts in the Classical era and those who attend rock or pop concerts today, and why people attended concerts in the Classical era versus today. (Be certain to use specific information from scholarly sources to support your points about concerts during the Classical era.)
4. Analyze how new technologies, such as digital media and the internet, change the ways music is experienced.
Classical Concert List
“Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Violin Concerto No. 4 in D major” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Symphony No. 25 in G minor” by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
“Cello Concerto No. 1 in C major” by Franz Josef Haydn
“Symphony No. 104 in D major,” Franz Josef Haydn
“Night Music of the Streets of Madrid” by Luigi Boccherini
“Piano Sonata, Op. 40, No. 2 in B minor” by Muzio Clementi
“Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major” by Ludwig van Beethoven
“Symphony No. 4 in B-flat major” by Ludwig van Beethoven
This paper should be 750-1000 words in length. This assignment should reflect knowledge and understanding of the course materials. Points should be supported by specific information from scholarly sources and musical terminology should be used to express ideas. This paper should be written in paragraph form using complete sentences with a clear introduction and conclusion. Be sure to reference both concerts in the introduction and conclusion.
In addition to these elements, please be sure to fulfill the Requirements for Writing Assignments (see below), including citing all sources (including the concerts) both in the body of the text and in a reference page. Please note that MLA is the standard citation style in the humanities. Here are some good sources of information for Evaluating Online Resources, Citing Sources, and Writing & Grammar Resources. The video links for the concerts should be cited in the body of the text and in your reference page
– Content applies to subject matter.
– Demonstrates knowledge and comprehension of major issues and concepts.
– Content reflects the use of analysis, synthesis, and comparison.
– Major points are stated clearly and are developed and supported by specific details, examples, research, or analysis supported by information from scholarly sources.
– Response has an organized and logical structure with an introduction and conclusion.
– Smooth sentence and paragraph transitions.
– Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
– Response follows standard rules of grammar, usage, punctuation, and spelling.
– Any material referenced is properly cited with both in-text citations and references formatted in MLA style. Here is an excellent website for citing in MLA
– For papers submitted as attachments, formatting should be double-spaced with margins no more than 1 inch. Please use 10 or 12 pt. fonts.