· My technological convergence is Music videos: for this to be possible, bo
Get Help With Your Essay
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."
· My technological convergence is Music videos: for this to be possible, both music and video(television) had to independently be operating at full capacity. This form of media convergence has always kind of been in the face of us all with the early emergence of the radio and later the television. At the turn of the 21st century is where we can really see the music video industry take off with the creation of networks such as MTV and the birth of YouTube. We now arrive at the fancy intersection of music and movies, producers, and directors.
o One big ramification of the convergence of music and videos to create music videos is the massive financial vacuum that this newly created industry has created. We are not only longing to hear the new music that is being debuted by our new favorite artist but also the video that will accompany that music. Created a new niche for creators to team up with music producers to make something that the public will enjoy. Not mentioning that this is another created source of income for the artist and music producer with the like of YouTube and MTV. This transition allowed listening to music to not only be an audio experience but also a visual one, a time continuously promoting bonding. The birth of the music video industry has solidified an upper echelon of producers and directors that everyone strives to be.
o Another ramification of this type of media convergence is the loss of true music making in a sense. As we have seen with the evolution of music videos and the music industry, we can see that many people who continue to make music videos specifically for profit show a decline in the value of their music. They have become more worried about being ‘that celebrity’ rather than truly producing a work of art. Many skeptics say that what the music industry has become today is a mockery of what it once was.
Simply put this essay should focus on three questions:
1. What is technological media convergence?
2. Present a relevant example of this
3. Discuss what the cultural and/or industrial (economic) ramifications were in your