Purpose of the Assignment: The purpose of this activity is to provide the stude
Purpose of the Assignment:
The purpose of this activity is to provide the student with an opportunity to select a quantitative or qualitative research article and critique the article to determine whether there is consistency between the problem statement, research design, population selected, data collection methods and conclusions drawn from the data analysis and their relevance to the science of kinesiology.
1. Select a research article for critique that is related to kinesiology.
2. Determine if there are any problems in the problem statement (purpose of the study) as it relates to the research type & design, population selected, data collection methods and data analysis used, and the conclusions drawn. Note the discrepancies (if any) in the integrity of the study.
3. Note whether the review of the literature supports the direction/need for the research.
4. Prepare a 5-6 page paper (not including title page, abstract, body, and references)
5. Perform a critique using a guideline system followed by a summary statement that includes the strengths and weakness of the study.
6. Use APA guidelines and format.
1. The research article represents an area of importance to kinesiology. (3 points)
2. The paper is organized and presented in an orderly fashion. (4 points).
3. Each aspect of the guideline used for the critique are adequately addressed. (5 points)
4. The reported critique presents the strengths and weaknesses of the study. (5 points)
5. The report of the study is written in a scholarly manner using APA guidelines. (3 points)