* Excerpts from Malala Yousafzai’s book I am Malala . * Describe 1) a culture wh
* Excerpts from Malala Yousafzai’s book I am Malala .
* Describe 1) a culture which you belong or relate to and 2) how that culture defines success. Remember that culture can vary across and between groups. For example, you and your friends might have your own cultural norms and expectations, while Santiago Canyon College might have its own cultural norms and expectations. In fact, our English class could have its own culture, too, and thus, define success differently from your science class, for example.
*Use the key ideas from at least one of the assigned readings above to add complexity to your cultural description and definition of success. Please do not include any outside sources. It may be helpful to think about part 2 before part 1: how does your specific culture define success? Then, how would you describe (who/what/when/where/why/how) that culture to someone who isn’t intimately familiar with the culture? If you are struggling with explaining how your culture defines success, then you may want to consider picking a different culture.
• Your audience is our class and professor, but you still need to spend some time summarizing key ideas, defining any terms that might be unfamiliar, and choosing quotes/paraphrases from one of the texts above to help your reader get a sense of what the author is talking about.
• Talk about complexities; avoid oversimplifying your ideas or the ideas from the readings.
• Use a clear organizational structure. Break up the paper into manageable chunks of information, and keep your paragraphs unified around one main idea. Don’t feel like you have to conform to a 5 paragraph essay structure – this is college – 4 is fine 🙂
• Take the time to proofread after you’ve written your essay. Think about the kinds of mistakes you know you tend to make and watch out for those.
IT NEEDS TO HAVE 2 QOTES AND 2 PARAPHRASING …