Read the following article and answer the questions. https://comlib.idm.oclc.or
Read the following article and answer the questions. https://comlib.idm.oclc.org/login?url=https://ich.infobase.com/Auth/Index?aid=95702&itemid=WE58&mainarticleId=592414
1) What is the doctrine of judicial review? How was the doctrine established?
2) Why is judicial review sometimes controversial?
3) President Thomas Jefferson claimed that the ruling in Marbury v. Madison was “extrajudicial.” What did he mean by that?
4) Describe the political environment at the time the Supreme Court heard the case Marbury v. Madison. What role did politics play in Chief Justice Marshall’s decision in the case?
5) Imagine that Marshall and Jefferson met for dinner and ended up discussing their views on Marbury v. Madison and judicial review. Write a brief play about their meeting, with appropriate dialogue.