Analyze the case through the lens of cultural intelligence. What is required to
Analyze the case through the lens of cultural intelligence. What is required to successfully negotiate challenges in cross-cultural environments?
You can use the following questions as a checklist:
1. What is your assessment of the situation faced by Richard Evans? In what order should he tackle the issues facing him?
2. To what extent should expatriate managers be sensitive to local conditions, concerns, and customs? When dealing with the type of issues confronting Evans in Thailand do ‘general principles’ apply? If so, how could they be implemented effectively?
3. How should managers define ‘urgency’ and ‘importance’ when operating in a foreign culture? How could Evans distinguish between them?
4. How would you respond to each of the emails directed to Evans? How would it be different if you needed to respond to similar emails in the US?
5. How should Evans develop trust and commitment in the team?
6. Based on what you have learned throughout this course, what unique aspects of Thai culture come into focus in this case?
I need 1-2 paragraph answers pertaining to the questions above. I only need it for the emails on Pages 5-7.