1. Reflecting on the clash between civil rights and academic freedom, describe w
1. Reflecting on the clash between civil rights and academic freedom, describe what you would have done if you were president of Fisk University?
2. How would you describe McCarthyism and academic freedom to someone from a developing country? Include your personal definition of“academic freedom”.
3. How has academic freedom changed from the late 1940’s to current day?
4. In what ways does society as a whole benefit from academic freedom and instructor’s ability to complete innovative research?
5. Give an example from the past ten years that you equate to being similar McCarthyism or a general restriction to academic freedom.
6. In what ways does “tenure” hurt or help the work of student affairs professionals who take a “students first” approach to programs and services?