For this discussion board, you will compare and contrast at least two police dep
For this discussion board, you will compare and contrast at least two police departments’ use of force policies.
To do so, answer the following questions:
– What are the policies on administering medical treatment after use of force?
– What types of force does the department use? (e.g., TASER, firearm, baton, etc.)
– Are there differences in de-escalation tactics?
– How do the departments define “reasonable” or “objectively reasonable” use of force?
– Do prohibitions differ between the departments?
I am providing the policies for a few departments below, to give you an example. You can use one of the policies below if you would like, but you must find at least one departmental policy on your own (with a link to the document).
Chicago PD (Links to an external site.)
Minneapolis PD (Links to an external site.)
Department of Homeland Security (Links to an external site.)
Because this is a lengthy discussion board, you are not required to respond to your classmates. Your post should be at least 450 words, though. Do not copy and paste from the website – paraphrase when you can, and cite when necessary.