Select a concept from the Concept list located in the Weekly Guide/Week 4 or sel
Select a concept from the Concept list located in the Weekly Guide/Week 4 or select a concept of the student’s personal choice (with faculty approval). In the Health Professions Division (HPD) library, perform a library search on the selected concept. Place the selected concept name in the first search box. Then place the word concept analysis in the second search box. Apply the search options but do not place the five-year limiter as one of the search options.
Develop a scholarly paper that includes the following criteria:
1. A definition of the concept utilizing various sources
2. Define the criteria of the concept
a. Discuss the uses of the concept
b. Define the attributes of the concept
c. Identify antecedents and consequences
3. Theoretical perspectives of the concept (theories that use the concept)
4. Provide an example of the significance of the concept to nursing practice from the organizational setting
5. The scholarly paper should be 5-6 pages excluding the title and reference pages.
6. The paper should include level 1 and level 2 headings.
7. The paper should begin with an introductory paragraph that includes the purpose statement. The introductory paragraph and purpose
statement allow the reader to understand what the paper/assignment is going to address.
8. The paper should include a conclusion.
9. Write the paper in third person, not first or second person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’ or “you”).
10. Include a minimum of three (3) references from professional peer-reviewed nursing journals (review in Ulrich Periodical Directory) to support the paper. Students may use the course textbook in addition to scholarly journals. ***Historical references may be used as appropriate. (Definition of historical reference: reference to a well-known person, place event or literary work that adds meaning to the paper.)
11. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).