literature review requires a student: • to identify an issue related to clinical
literature review requires a student:
• to identify an issue related to clinical and community psychology;
• to use appropriate sources (e.g. databases like PsycINFO) in order to locate and select
articles on theory and research related to the specific topic of interest;
• to evaluate the credibility and accuracy of information from various sources,
• to analyze the sources for similarities, differences, and trends in regard to theoretical
conceptualization of the topic and/or the results of research on the topic; and
• to use reasoning, skepticism and empirical evidence to synthesize the results of the
analysis into a cohesive whole.
A well-written literature review will reveal the student’s particular perspective on and
comprehensive knowledge of the topic, along with a mastery of professional writing conventions
and APA style.
In this class, each student will write a 10-12 page (including the title page and reference list)
literature review. Please use this opportunity to learn about a contemporary issue in clinical and
community psychology regarding Gendar that is of interest to you