To complete the exam you must first read chapters 1 and 2 (pages 1-41) in the t
To complete the exam you must first read chapters 1 and 2 (pages 1-41) in the text.
Discuss how each of the following influenced the drafting of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution. 1. Writs of Assistance in America
2. The 2 English Cases of Endick and Wilkes
3. Federalists and Anti-Federalists
4. In your own words, explain:
(a) the 2 part test in Katz v. United States, and,
(b) why is the case considered a landmark decision in 4th Amendment law.
1. Essays must be in your own words. You must cite cases and/or provide specific page numbers from the assigned text as the source of the information. The exam is designed to test your understanding of the material discussed in class and contained in the assigned reading.
2. Your answers must be labeled Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.They must be in essay format, and contain approximately 150 words for each part, exclusive of quotations.