Written paper (10 – 12 pages), related to the Scope and Standards of the AGACNP
Written paper (10 – 12 pages), related to the Scope and Standards of the AGACNP and the Affordable Care
Working with your group you will identify a current problem/gap in care that you have encountered in practice
that impacts adult/gerontologic patients, their families and communities. Review the scope and standards of
practice for the ACNP; (AACN 2012) and read the pertinent sections of the Patient Protection and Affordable
Care Act, with the knowledge that penalties exist in the form of reduced payment for care required due to
medical error or readmission within 30 days for same diagnoses. Discuss in an academic paper the
potential/actual impact of the AGACNP role in improving care as it relates to the gap that you identified.
Implement the domains and core competencies of care related to your specific patient clinical scenario and
make a compelling case as to how these core competencies (if followed) will likely result in improved
patient outcomes. (NONPF, AACN)
Using the most current research integrate the developmental, economic, cultural, epidemiologic, social,
spiritual, and environmental influences on health risks and wellness status of your adult/geriatric patient in
an acute care setting
Develop a proposal as the AGACNP in your practice or unit incorporating the following:
● Identify a current problem that you have encountered in practice that impacts your
adult/gerontological patients, their families and communities.
● Discuss specific gaps or barriers to care that prevent collaborative, interprofessional care of your
patient, family or community
● Apply a theory or Evidence based model that will help you to address risk reduction or
clinical management of the stated problem.
● Propose specific measures / program that you as the AGACNP can utilize to address and impact the
gaps that will improve quality and outcomes.
An example might be a high rate of infection in your ventilated patients: what is (are) the current standard (s) of
practice? Are they utilized in your unit, where are the gaps in care based on the current science and what do you
propose to do about this? Be sure to use a model or theoretical foundation that will help you meet your goals.
Grading rubric for this paper:
● Description of the problem, Identification of gaps/barriers (25%)
● Application of theory/model and how this guides your approach (20%)
● Specific proposal with measurable outcomes (25%)
● Incorporation of Scope and Standards of ACNP practice (20%)
● APA style/format (10%