SOC- Introduction to Africana Studies Reflection Paper Due: 9/ 24/ 21 Reflec
SOC- Introduction to Africana Studies
Due: 9/ 24/ 21
Reflection Paper: Find a peer-reviewed / scholarly article on an ethnic subject related to Pan Americanism or other blacks of African ancestors in any other place in the Americas. Then, write a reflection paper in 3-5 pages to compare and contrast the two ethnic groups.
Please email me the article’s title, the journal, and the publication date to verify if it is peer-reviewed.
(If you can upload this for me to email before the paper is done)
A reflection paper is an account of your thoughts and experiences. It is designed to help you integrate theory and course concepts into your thinking about your daily practice. It also requires textual references to the ideas of others, and a list of references must include at the end.
For your reflection paper, be sure to explain your experience and its connection to course concepts and theories learned while reading the article. You can also use your textbook or other scholarly papers to back up your arguments. In your first paragraph, explains to the reader what you plan to do. Then, in the different sections, implement this plan. Avoid wordiness. Avoid typical grammatical and word-choice mistakes.
To organize your paper:
Identifying the main argument and the purpose
Explain to your readers why you are comparing the two subjects
1. Looking at different angles to contrast and compare rather than summarize the article.
2. Describe the types of experience in the article you are reflecting on. It would be best to include the who, what, why, when, where, and how in the paragraph.
3. Apply your experience to the article
4. Having objective criticism supported with facts instead of personal preference and emotion.
1. Stressing the differences and similarities by saying why the subject and the arguments are exciting or essential.
2. The conclusion should be clear and exciting to anyone, whether they read the article.
The paper should be 12 pt. font Times New Roman, double-spaced, and one-inch margins. APA. Format, and please cite your sources.