This is based on an original business idea, “Deforestationery,” a social enterpr
This is based on an original business idea, “Deforestationery,” a social enterprise which sells stationery products, targeting specifcally students, made out of recyclable materials. A tree is planted for every product sold. The company will also accept recyclable waste from local schools which can be used for production. You will develop a social enterprise business plan, which involves
describing how this will meet a social and/or environmental need. The assessment will
demonstrate your ability to:
• effectively plan, problem solve and make decisions.
• explain what a social enterprise is and how it creates impact.
• use Human Centred Design (HCD) principles and tools.
• communicate clearly.
• use information literacy skills and use references to show you have done some
research on the topic and can reference any material or resources you have used.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE:
– Present a Social Enterprise Business Plan, including the business model.
– Explain your inputs, activities, and desired outcomes in the plan.
– Define your stakeholder/s and the social and/or environmental impacts that intend to
be created. This can include your theory of change.
– Suggest how and when outcomes/impact will be measured and reported.
– Demonstrate how you have used HCD principles and tools.
– Use a range of reliable sources to support all your findings and decisions.
– Use clear and logical communication to present your plan, information and process.