As you write, be sure you include the following elements: _____ Make sure your e
As you write, be sure you include the following elements:
_____ Make sure your essay fits the topic and responds to the prompt
_____ A brainstorm, pre-write, outline, etc. where you begin to organize your thoughts
_____ An introduction that sets the scene and provides any necessary background information.
_____ A thesis statement that clearly states what your narrative will be about
• Please underline your thesis statement
_____ Multiple body paragraphs that:
• Tell your story in a clear and logical order that readers can easily follow
• Use transitions that indicate shifts in ideas or events
• Use vivid details so your reader can picture what you describe
• Do not go on tangents, or include irrelevant information that could distract your
_____ A conclusion that:
• Brings the narrative to a smooth and natural end
• Describes what your character learned or how they changed from this experience
_____ Minimize errors in grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and word choice.
_____ Before you turn in your essay, read it once all the way through to yourself to check for
any major errors and to ensure it makes sense
Before you embarked on this adventure, you lived a different kind of life – what changed?
For this narrative essay, you will describe one incident or experience that caused your character
to stop doing whatever their background describes and start adventuring
You are an experienced criminal with a history of breaking the law. You have spent a lot of time
among other criminals and still have contacts within the criminal underworld. You’re far closer
than most people to the world of murder, theft, and violence that pervades the underbelly of
civilization, and you have survived up to this point by testing the rules and regulations of society.
What was your role during the time you spent the darker side of civilized society? You can come
up with your own specialty or choose from the list below.
4. Fence (seller of stolen goods)
5. Highway robber
6. Hired killer/assassin
A Life of Crime: Are you in or out?
Whether you still make your living as a criminal or if you have left that life behind, what brought
you to answer the call of your current adventure? You can invent your own motivations, or you
can choose from the list below to determine the reason behind your arrival in Korsika.