No references needed Assignment Background The purpose of a self-assessment is t
No references needed
The purpose of a self-assessment is to help the individual know the extent of his/her abilities and to improve upon them without the need for a performance appraiser. In other words, what are your strengths? What are some weaknesses, etc?
As a manager/leader it is important to know yourself well before leading others. It is essential to answer each question honestly to get a good evaluation at this point in time. Self-assessments should be done at least yearly to monitor any changes.
Over the past several weeks you have been completing self-assessments on:
1. Women and minorities – Module 2
2. How Meaningful is My Work – Module 3
3. Decision-Making Ability – Module 4
4. Planning Level – Module 5
5. Dysfunctional Team? – Module 6
6. Are you a fabulous employee? – Module 6
In a minimum of two (2) pages (not including a title or reference page) please respond to the following questions.
· Were there any surprises after taking the self-assessments?
· Where are your strengths?
· What are some areas that need improvement?
· What do you intend to do to make needed improvements?
Make sure you begin your paper with a Level One heading: Introduction. Then respond to each of the questions above under a separate heading. Close your paper with a Level One heading: Summary
· Do not use direct quotes. Be sure to paraphrase. Do not copy and paste. The FSW Writing Centers offer assistance with writing through virtual meetings. Grammarly.com is also helpful.
· Use APA to properly cite all sources.
o Make sure your paper begins with a Level One Heading: Introduction (Do not confuse an Introduction with an Abstract)
o Include a properly formatted APA cover sheet.
o Include a properly formatted APA reference page.
o All resources must show an author and date.
o Use 12 point Times New Roman font.
o Double-space the entire paper.
o Accurate In-text citations must be included.
o APA documentation and formatting style used appropriately (including in-text citations, reference entries, and format).
· A thorough analysis of the topic in relation to management, leadership, and course learning outcomes.
· Spelling, grammar, and writing style
· Write in the third person – such as, “This researcher…”, “This student…”, Do not use “I”, “we”, “our”, “you”, or any other forms of indefinite you.
· Avoid bullet points.
· Avoid contractions.
· Submit your own original work. Do not submit work previously submitted to any course – including your own work, that of other students, or any work that is purchased or traded from the online cheating sites, such as coursehero.
· Be sure to review your assignment after submitting it in Canvas in the assignment link. Submitting an assignment that cannot be viewed, or submitting the wrong file do not constitute valid excuses for re-submitting after the due date.
Begin your paper with a Level Heading 1: Introduction. End your paper with a Level Heading 1: Conclusion or Summary. No abstract is required!!