Learning objectives: 1. Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Muscular Dystrophy
1. Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of Muscular Dystrophy and its management 2. Accurately identify the usual members of multidisciplinary teams and their roles in the management of Muscular Dystrophy
3. Compare the roles and services of members of the multidisciplinary team with those of occupational therapists, and apply reasoning to identify potential overlap and any implications
4. Appropriately recommend occupational therapy assessment and treatments / interventions for Muscular Dystrophy, based on the evidence from research, expert advice, and clients/patients’
values and preference.
The essay is a comparative analysis of the multidisciplinary management of Muscular Dystrophy. In this task you will outline the multidisciplinary management of Muscular Dystrophy under sections on the roles and services of each relevant health
profession including occupational therapy, as well as highlighting areas of overlap and the implications. You will be marked on:
• Your in-depth knowledge of Muscular Dystrophy • Knowledge of roles and services of health professionals managing children with Muscular Dystrophy, including those of occupational therapists
• Any potential overlapping of team
roles with those of occupational therapy and the implications
• Professional presentation skills including structure, spelling, punctuation, and grammar which contribute to ease of reading and interpreting.